Wednesday, October 12, 2011

7)

“You know why I feel like I’m so out of touch?”
“Why?”
“Cause I’m old.”
“You’re in your twenties.”
“Yeah, but I feel like the world’s changed a lot in the past few years and I somehow got lost in the shuffle. Everyone has their high tech phones and gadgets attached to their palms, and they get endless entertainment watching millions of stupid videos that some idiot posts. And they can pretty much watch any single movie that has ever existed at the touch of a button… and then they complain when there’s even the slightest hiccup.”
“Well… that’s how the world’s moving…”
“I mean, when I was younger… in order to watch something I wanted to watch, I had to check the local listings in the paper. And make time to watch it. And if I couldn’t make time, I’d have to set the VCR up to record at the given time—and watch that crappy VCR recording back at the first moment I could. And then if the VCR crapped out… then tough. You just had to keep checking the local listings.”
“Must have been a rough time for you.”
“Well, it wasn’t as easy as it is now.”
“Good thing, too.”
“God, I feel old…”
“You’re in your twenties.”

No comments:

Post a Comment