Tuesday, October 18, 2011

14)

“Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you suddenly ceased thinking?”
“…what?”
“I mean… one day, you’re contemplating life and what to do at the moment, or whatever… and then all of a sudden your thoughts stopped, and you never used your brain again in that way?”
“What, like a zombie?”
“No! Not like a zombie… well, I mean maybe. But not really. Like… you still were cognizant of reality around you, but you just went through life without giving anything a moment of contemplation.”
“That still sounds a lot like a zombie to me.”
“It’s not. It’s different.”
“But that's what zombies do...”
"No. Zombies try to eat your brains. I'm not talking about brain eating here."
"But in the sense that a--"
"No. We're not talking about zombies."
"OK. Fine..."
“Anyway… I was thinking about it, and I was thinking that it would be nice from time to time… just to tune everything out like that.”
“Yeah, I always thought it might be kind of cool to be zombi--I mean...um--”
“Jesus! Not talking about zombies!”
“Sorry!"
"..."
"..."

"Well that philosophical moment was ruined."

No comments:

Post a Comment