Sunday, October 16, 2011

12)

“So, wanna go catch a movie somewhere, or maybe hit up a few places downtown?”
“No, I was actually thinking about going to bed.”
“…it’s 7 PM.”
“I know.”
“Why so early? What the hell am I going to do tonight?”
“I don’t know. It’s just that I haven’t been sleeping well. For the past few nights I’ve been waking up at 3 AM for some reason, and then I can’t fall back asleep.”
“That sucks.”
“Yeah. So I was thinking that maybe I could go to sleep now, and if I still wake up at 3 AM, I’ll have at least gotten a full 8 hours of sleep. Instead of the three hours I’m getting now.”
“Is that actually going to work?”
“Don’t know. But it’s worth a shot.”
“Well, what if your problems stem not from waking up at 3 AM, but rather that you just can’t get more than 3 hours of sleep? And you’ll just wake up at 10 PM instead?”
“I don’t know. We’ll cross the bridge if we get there.”
“Would you want to head out if you do wake up at 10?”
“Umm, sure. That sounds OK.”
“Cool.”
“…”
“…”
"..."
“I’m probably going to wake you up at 10 anyway.”
“Goddammit...”

No comments:

Post a Comment