Tuesday, November 1, 2011

22)

“The Beach Boys’ Smile Sessions comes out tomorrow.”
“They’re still around?”
“No. It’s their famous album that was never finished or released.”
“Ah.”
“It’s been 44 years in the making, and I’m seriously freaking out at the idea of finally listening to it after all these years.”
“Sounds pretty exciting.”
“Oh God. They’ve been releasing snippets around everywhere, and it’s taking a whole lot of willpower to not listen to them… just because I don’t want to ruin the initial experience of listening to the album. It needs to be pure, unfiltered by any expectations about any particular songs… and then I'll just let the brilliance finally wash all over me all at once.”
“…Cool.”
“Seriously, I’ve been looking forward to this since the moment I knew this album existed. It’s been years and years and years.”
“…so what are you going to look forward to once the initial thrill of this album wears off?”
“…”
“…”
“…I don’t know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment